Thursday 29 April 2010

My understanding of diplomacy today.

My understanding of diplomacy today.



I would not say that, my understanding of diplomacy or my opinions about the role of diplomacy have changed much. I still do think – as I did when I wrote a short paper at the beginning of the term – that the role of diplomacy in its broad sense, is to negotiate; construct alliances, treaties and agreements and through those to maintain interactions among states and more importantly through the art of conducting international relations build up inter-state relationships and maintain the peace by political instruments.
But I must (gladly) admit that, my knowledge broadened up immensely, it is much deeper and complex after the completing the New Diplomacy module. My comprehension and intellectual grasp of the subject of diplomacy is indisputably enriched and improved. Thanks to the New Diplomacy module, I have gained awareness of many different categories and disciplines of diplomacy, which I have not been aware of before. I was enlightened by the module on the subject-matter of the origins and evolution of diplomacy, theoretical aspect of the discipline and patterns of diplomacy in a globalised world.

No comments:

Post a Comment